One of the last refuges from my connected world was on airplanes while above 4000 feet (Commercial) and the loss of connectivity was a cool and refreshing silence. Today however, I am on a US Domestic Flight with WIFI. I have sent seven (7) mails so far – two Facebook posts and now I am working on this blog post.. There is some comfort to it, I did:
- Help a customer with a config question
- Ask a friend what they were doing for Easter
- Send a few mails asking for status updates
- Checked amazon to see if packages were delivered
- Texted a friend to see if he would be available for dinner in Buenos Aires as I trek through on my way to Antarctica
- Ordered Dramamine for the Drake Passage (Ad on Airplane tray table worked)
- Emailed Spain regarding great stuff with SIDAR.ORG
- Made a credit card payment
- Moved Money so I would have it available when I land in Vegas
What did I lose?
Not much, I guess connected with our concerns is better than disconnected. Regardless, I do feel like I lost something.
Cheers & Merry Christmas,